top of page
Programs and Resources
Rowayton’s Pinkney Park is home to the HR campus, which includes our headquarters in the Seeley-Dibble-Pinkney House, the Antique Tool Barn, and the Raymond Boathouse.
History is all around us, but preserving it takes work. It is our responsibility to protect our historical sites for the benefit of future generations.
The Raymond Boathouse
The Frank E. Raymond Maritime Museum and Boathouse was built for publisher George Palmer Putnam who owned a summer estate on Rowayton Avenue from 1861 to 1867. Although a resident of Rowayton for only a short time, Putnam’s indelible influence can still be felt today.
Enormous thanks to Rowayton Gardener Pamela Proctor and Mike Mushak of Tulip Tree Site Design for their generous donations of design, energy, and time to create this beautiful new entrance to the Boathouse.
Contribute to our new exhibit space
at the Raymond Boathouse
News and Events
Conservationist and Artist
co-sponsored by Rowayton Gardeners
Sunday, April 21
Norwalk's New Maritime Museum
9:30 - 11:30 an
and by appointment
Video: Rowayton's Rock Ledge Estate
Growing up in Rowayton
“Packet Day at the Five Mile River” was painted by George Avison in 1937 with funding from the WPA Federal Art Project. It was restored circa 1986.
bottom of page