top of page
Due to broken radiators at the Pinkney House, the RHS will be closed for a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience.
On the Calendar
Programs and Resources
Rowayton’s Pinkney Park is home to the RHS campus, which includes our headquarters at the The Seeley-Dibble-Pinkney House, The Barclay Boathouse and The Raymond Marine Exhibit.
History is all around us, but preserving it takes work. It is our responsibility to protect our historical sites for the benefit of future generations.
Rowayton beginnings date to 1651 with transaction between European settlers and native Indians. Farmers gave way to oystermen and sea captains, and later, to industry giants.
The Raymond Boathouse
The Frank E. Raymond Maritime Museum and Boathouse was built for publisher George Palmer Putnam who owned a summer estate on Rowayton Avenue from 1861 to 1867. Although a resident of Rowayton for only a short time, Putnam’s indelible influence can still be felt today.
Contribute to Our New Exhibit Space
at the Raymond Boathouse
New Video: Rock Ledge
“Packet Day at the Five Mile River” was painted by George Avison in 1937 with funding from the WPA Federal Art Project. It was restored circa 1986.
bottom of page